Thursday, February 21, 2013

Feedback?


Things are likely to be a little light on the blogging front over the next week and half (not that they're ever particularly "heavy"), so I thought now might be an ideal time to solicit some feedback from readers. I'm keeping the questions general for now, so all I'm wondering is:


  • What don't you like about the blog?
  • What do you like about the blog?
  • How could it be improved (from your perspective)?

It might help if I offered my own thoughts about the first two questions. On the first, I think there are several problems with this blog: infrequency and inconsistency in posting, overly didactic and expository posts, largely one-way conversation between writer and readers, no real engagement with other blogs, and numerous broken promises about potential series of posts.

At the same time, I think the material I produce (when I get around to it) is of a reasonably high quality, though the word-count on each post has been going up. And perhaps the didactic and expository nature of the posts contrasts nicely with more typical blogs.

So that's what I've been thinking, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment